We are honored to be taking this journey with you towards parenthood. To feel prepared and at ease for your first visit, you may wish to read this overview of what you can expect after we welcome you into any of our 10 centers.
Your First Consultation
During your first visit, we will get to know you better. We will discuss your history and invite you to tell us what has and has not happened thus far in your attempts at parenthood. Some topics we may discuss:
- Details about past attempts to get pregnant
- Medical conditions you or your partner may have
- For women: any sexual problems, menstrual history, family history of infertility, diet
- For men: any sexual problems, history of previous conception, family history of infertility, surgery, or recurring infections
Please be assured:
We want you to feel comfortable, informed, and confident in your choices. We want you to ask us any questions as they arise and encourage a dialogue about your journey. We are here for you, every step of the way.
Exploring Your Benefits
We will help you maximize the insurance coverage and any benefits that you have available to you. We understand that this area may be difficult to navigate, so we have experts on staff to assist you. As a courtesy, we will even call your insurers to verify the benefits for you.
If you’d like, you may also call your insurance provider to find out your benefits. We’ve created a list of questions you can ask regarding the coverage of fertility medication and coverage of medical procedures.
Are you an AETNA insurance member?
As a member of Aetna insurance, you are required to complete certain pre-testing requirements and/or enroll in their fertility programs. Failure to complete these steps prior to your consultation could result in unpaid claims and would then become your financial responsibility.
Please click here for more information.
Please bring along:
We will need the following documentation:
- Insurance Card(s)
- Prescription Card (RX Card)
- Government Issued Photo Identification
- A list of medications, herbs, or supplements that you are currently taking, including the dosage
- Any information about previous treatments for infertility
- Any other pertinent medical records
Additionally, to make the most of our time together, we ask that you please bring:
- The completed new patient forms
- A list of questions and concerns that you may have
Review the following information:
- Our Notice of Privacy Practices
- Policy regarding cancellations
- Policy regarding small children
- New patient information sheet for U.S. Patients
- New patient information sheet for International Patients
If you have a partner, please bring him or her if possible. It is not mandatory that the partner accompanies you, but it may help to speed your journey. Please note that testing of your partner may or may not occur during this first appointment.
Which forms will you need to fill out for your appointment?
Please make sure you don’t fill out more than one form each for you and/or your partner. If you are not sure which forms apply to you, please contact our Patient Services Team at 877-324-4483 for clarification.
U.S. Patient Forms
To be completed by any new female fertility patient and/or female partner before receiving fertility medical services.
To be completed by any new male fertility patient and/or male partner before receiving fertility medical services.
International Patient Forms
To be completed by any international new female fertility patient and/or female partner before receiving fertility medical services.
To be completed by any international new male fertility patient and/or male partner before receiving fertility medical services.
Gynecological Patient Form
To be completed by any new female gynecological patients before receiving ONLY gynecological medical services. This is not for fertility related treatment.
During your first visit, there is the possibility that some initial testing and blood work may be requested. If this is a concern for you or if you would like to know more information, please call us for more details, 877-324-4483
More information for your first visit:
- In order to complete the registration process, please arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- We love children, however, because our staff is dedicated to providing their undivided attention to our patients, we are not able to monitor patients’ children during office visits. Please be sure that young children are secured in a stroller for their safety. Whenever possible, have someone come with you to provide care for your child while you spend time with your physician and health care team.
- Fertility Centers of Illinois strives to provide excellent care to every patient in a timely manner. In order for us to best utilize available appointments for patients waiting to be seen, we require a minimum of 48 hours (two business days) notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you miss your appointment or provide less than 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule, then your credit card will be charged $50 for weekday appointments and $100 for weekend appointments. To cancel or reschedule an appointment, call our Patient Services Team at 877-324-4483.