We are honored to take the journey to parenthood with you. Our goal is to make every patient feel prepared and at ease for their first appointment.
Your First Visit
Your first appointment helps us get to know you. We will discuss your history and invite you to tell us about your attempts at parenthood.
Some topics we may discuss:
- Details about past pregnancy attempts
- Medical conditions you or your partner may have
- For women: any sexual problems, menstrual history, family history of infertility, diet
- For men: any sexual problems, history of previous conception, family history of infertility, surgery, or recurring infections
We’re Here for You
Every patient should feel comfortable, informed, and confident in his or her choices. Patients are encouraged to ask any questions as they arise. Your physician will want to keep an open dialogue about your journey. We are here for you, every step of the way.
Exploring Your Benefits
Our team will help you make the most of your available insurance coverage and benefits. This area may be difficult to navigate, so we have experts on staff to assist you. As a courtesy, we will even call your insurers to verify the benefits for you.
Are You an AETNA Insurance Member?
As a member of Aetna insurance, you are required to complete certain pre-testing requirements and/or enroll in their fertility programs. Failure to complete these steps prior to your consultation could result in unpaid claims, therefore making certain costs your financial responsibility.
Please click here for more information.
What to Bring
We will need the following documentation on your first visit:
- Insurance Card(s)
- Prescription Card (RX Card)
- Government Issued Photo Identification
- A list of medications, herbs, or supplements that you are currently taking-including the dosage
- Any information about previous treatments for infertility
- Any other pertinent medical records
- The completed new patient forms
- A list of questions and concerns that you may have
Review the Following Information
- Our Notice of Privacy Practices
- Policy regarding cancellations
- Policy regarding small children
- New patient information sheet for U.S. Patients
- New patient information sheet for International Patients
Though not mandatory, bringing your partner (if you have one) may help to speed your journey. Please note that testing of your partner may or may not occur during this first appointment.
What Forms Do I Need?
Please make sure you don’t fill out more than one form each for you and/or your partner. If you are not sure which forms apply to you, please contact New Patient Services at 877-324-4483 for clarification.
U.S. Patient Forms
To be completed by any new female fertility patient and/or female partner before receiving fertility medical services.
To be completed by any new male fertility patient and/or male partner before receiving fertility medical services.
International Patient Forms
To be completed by any international new female fertility patient and/or female partner before receiving fertility medical services.
To be completed by any international new male fertility patient and/or male partner before receiving fertility medical services.
Gynecological Patient Form
To be completed by any new female gynecological patients before receiving ONLY gynecological medical services. This is not for fertility related treatment.
During your first visit, your physician may request some initial testing and blood work. If this is a concern for you, or if you would like more information, call us: 877-324-4483
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete the registration process.
- We love children, but our staff is dedicated to providing undivided attention to our patients, we are not able to monitor patients’ children during office visits. Please be sure that young children are secured in a stroller for their safety. Whenever possible, have someone come with you to provide care for your child while you spend time with your physician and health care team.
- Fertility Centers of Illinois strives to provide excellent care to every patient in a timely manner. In order for us to best utilize available appointments for patients waiting to be seen, we require a minimum of 48 hours (two business days) notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you miss your appointment or provide less than 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule, then your credit card will be charged $50 for weekday appointments and $100 for weekend appointments. To cancel or reschedule an appointment, call New Patient Services at 877-324-4483.